To attain big results, creating short term goals is a smart way of achieving the results. Taking it easy to attaining the attainable goals will keep frustration low, as well as letting you have extra time and energy to achieve those big accomplishments, for example losing a noteworthy amount of fat and completing a fitness challenge of getting a leaner and having stronger body. Penning down short and long-term fitness goals, sticking to a daily plan and being specific will give you the best chance of success. Under no circumstances should you start any new diet and exercise plan, though, without first consulting your physician or fitness coach.
It is not new that setting goals gives individuals long-term vision and short-term motivation. Self-confidence can also be boosted, as you identify your own ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set for yourself. Once the most important step in the transformation (i.e. losing weight) have been made, it is imperative to map the course. Setting Goals should come first, this process is simply about result creation of result and not by coincidence. Draw out important commitments to yourself. Setting of proper goals goes far beyond mere words like “I want to get lean and have a stronger body” or “I want to fit into size 6”. Following a set of S.M.A.R.T goal is important and creates parameters and rules of the weight loss journey. The S.M.AR.T goals must be:
- Specific: be as specific as possible with no assumption; make use of action verbs like “will” in place of “want”. E.g. “I will fit into a size six jean.
- Measurable: your goals must be measurable and assessable.
- Attainable: your goal must be achievable within a daily time as well as financial constraints. Stay committed to the exercise or any weight loss routine you are engaged in and exercise at an attainable level.
- Realistic: make realistic goals, Rome was not built in a day, don’t expect to lose 50 pounds within a week. Dividing your weight by 100 is a good rule of thumb for expected weekly weight loss. It is possible to lose more than a determined number when starting out, but expect the number to get smaller as you get closer to your goal weight.
- Time Sensitive: set a specific time or date upon which you will reach your goal.
Exercise On The Go
When you exercise, your muscles consume the energy gotten from both glycogen and fat. Owing to the large size of muscles in the leg, running, cycling, and walking are the best ways of exercising your body to lessen body fat. Exercise influences the macronutrient balance in the body. While engaging in a good exercise, there is always a shift to more use of fat as the fuel that helps you go on. To keep your health in a good condition, the American Heart Association suggests that one should engage in a minimum of 25-30 minutes of exercise; for a minimum of 5 days weekly.
Simple exercise to help you lose weight and keep fit
- Sumo squats
- Mountain climber kicks
- Kneeling donkey kicks
- Crossover lounge
- Triceps press ups
- Side plank dips
- Tuck jumps